The department was created in February 1958. Initially, its teaching staff consisted of 7 people. The head of the department was Leonid Leontievich Gural – he made a great contribution to its formation. Teachers of a foreign language worked with students of all forms of education, and since 1967 the department began to conduct classes for graduate students and applicants. Much attention was paid to social work and education of youth.

Since 1968, Lydia Timothyevna Khristoforova was appointed as the head of the department. The professors of the department worked fruitfully not only in Kharkiv, but also in the branches of our academy (in Slavyansk, Artemivsk, Konstantinovka Kupyansk, Akhtyrka, Izyum etc.).

In 1980, the head of the department was the candidate of philological sciences, professor Rita Nikolayevna Novychkova, who made a lot of efforts for the improvement of the department and the development of its material base.

Since January 1996, the department was headed by associate professor, candidate of psychological sciences Gennadiy Ivanovich Zelenin. The department actively investigates the problems of higher education, namely: “Innovative technologies and their application in teaching foreign languages in HS”, constantly updating methodological support and engaged in research work.

IMG_0871ннннн